1. This Agreement binds you and all of the members of your party (including day visitors). It is your responsibility to ensure that each member of your party is aware of and accepts the whole of this Agreement and the obligations contained in it. It is effective from the date our agreement is made and lasts until you and your party leave Griffon Forest.
2. This Agreement is made between us when your first or only payment has cleared through our bank and incorporates the entire contents of our brochure and the Confirmation. You must note and comply with all guidance rules and other requirements supplied on notices, in any booklet or other literature supplied to you when booking or taking part in additional activities.
3. This Agreement is governed by English law and we both agree to the non exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
4. We have the right at our sole discretion to refuse any booking including a group booking and to obtain the name age and gender of all members of your party at any time.
5. We have the right to cancel your booking without compensation or refund should you not comply with any of the provisions of this Agreement.
6. We will not accept reservations and have the right to cancel your holiday when the majority of members of your party are between the ages of 16 and 22 unless by prior arrangement.
7. All female or all male parties must apply in writing before a reservation or contract can be made.
8. Unless you request otherwise we require that you keep the composition of your party the same for the whole of your stay even if your stay is extended.
9. You may not advertise, use or re-sell your holiday for profit or in connection with a business or any other venture.
10. If you or any member of your party has or has just had an infectious or contagious medical condition we have the right to refuse or accept your booking, cancel your holiday or ask you or any member of your party to leave Griffon Forest immediately should we at our sole discretion consider it necessary to protect the health of other guests and/or staff. You should inform us immediately should any condition develop within four weeks of your arrival date or during your holiday with us.
11. You may not bring any personal shotgun or firearm to Griffon Forest under any circumstances or for any reason whatsoever.
12. If you or any member of your party has restricted mobility or special needs you should telephone Griffon Forest before making your reservation so that we can discuss and agree with you the suitability of Griffon Forest for your party.
13. From 5th January 2007 all lodges are non-smoking. If you or any member of your party wishes to bring a dog (no other pets are allowed unless by prior arrangement) you should telephone Griffon Forest before making your reservation so that we can ensure that an appropriate lodge is available. Dogs are welcome provided appropriate accommodation is available. You must supervise your dog at all times.
14. No medical facilities are available on site.
15. We will send you a notice confirming your reservation (the Confirmation) stating the checking in and out times applicable for your accommodation. It will also show the price of your holiday and any additional charges (if any).
16. For reservations of less than 6 weeks ahead full payment by credit or debit card is required at the time of booking.
17. For reservations more that 6 weeks ahead we require a deposit of £100.00 or the full cost of your holiday. If you only pay a deposit then the remainder of the cost must be paid 6 weeks before the start of your holiday.
18. You must make the required payment by the appropriate time or we will have the right to cancel your booking and keep or claim your deposit. Your deposit is non refundable however please note the provisions of paragraphs 19 & 20 below.
19. If you are prevented from taking your holiday please contract Griffon Forest at the earliest opportunity. We will do our best to assist. You may not under any circumstances transfer your booking to anyone without our consent.
20. You may cancel your holiday at any time however a fee will be charged as follows: (a) More than 6 weeks before the holiday start date - the amount of your deposit (b) Within 6 weeks of the holiday start date - the total cost of your holiday. (c) Payments made by debit or credit cards will be refunded via the same card number. All other payments will be refunded by cheque payable to the person named on the Confirmation.
21. All relevant prices include VAT at the current rate at the time of payment. We reserve the right to increase or decrease prices in line with any change in VAT or any other duties or fees levied on your holiday.
22. You must supervise your children and babies at all times.
23. We may instruct you or any member of your party to leave Griffon Forest immediately where the maximum numbers permitted for your lodge, as indicated on your booking confirmation, have been exceeded.
No compensation or refund will be payable in these circumstances. Alternatively we may accommodate those additional members in another lodge and will charge you or them the appropriate full charge for that accommodation.
24. We may ask you and/or members of your party to leave immediately if your conduct is considered by us to infringe our rules or is likely in our belief to impair the enjoyment or comfort or safety of other guests and/or staff.
No refunds will be given in these circumstances.
We also have the right to recover from you the cost resulting from any damage to our property or that of our other guests together with any compensation we may pay to other guests as a result of the actions of you or any members of your party.
25. We are continually striving to improve accommodation and facilities at Griffon Forest and to comply with any new Health & Safety legislation or other legal requirements so you may find that some facilities are temporarily closed for maintenance and/or improvement, some facilities have been altered, there is development or refurbishment work going on in certain areas of Griffon Forest or maintenance work is undertaken in and around your lodge although in such circumstances we try to minimise any inconvenience.
26. We reserve the right to enter your lodge at any time for any reasonable purpose for example to make checks or carry out essential inspection maintenance works or repairs.
27. All cars and other vehicles you bring to Griffon Forest must be parked in the parking spaces allocated for each lodge and are entirely at your risk. We do not accept any liability for damage to vehicles.
28. Your personal belongings are your own responsibility during your holiday with us. This responsibility applies to all members of your party and their belongings.
29. We accept no liability whatsoever for any accident, loss or damage to your property.
30. Please note that we are not responsible for any matter which you did not bring to our attention during your holiday. Any reported matter which has not been resolved during your holiday should be advised in writing to the manager of Griffon Forest within 28 days of the end of your holiday.
31. All our bookings are held on computer for which we hold a valid registration under the Data Protection Act.
32. In all cases except personal injury or death our liability to you for the total of all claims arising out of your holiday with us is limited to the cost of your booking.
33. Should any part of our agreement be deemed by rule of law to be void the remainder of this Agreement will if capable continue in full force and effect.
34. Cyclists must keep to prepared roads and tracks. Cyclists must give way to pedestrians.
35. You must use your lodge and its contents with care. You are responsible for any and all damage caused to them. On departure you must leave your cabin in a clean and tidy condition. We reserve the right to charge you for any loss or damage to our property both during and after your stay.